Sunday, October 22, 2017

Social Media Does More

     It is commonly thought of that social media platforms do only one thing; connect people. This is very accurate, but social media does so much more than that. Social media platforms offers a place for people to express their individuality. Each person on the Web has their own personal profile to do with it as they wish. Express opinion, post pictures, and keep up with friends and family. For example, Instagram is completely individualized. Each person on Instagram has control over which pictures to post and what message to convey. Twitter, on the other hand offers a platform for people to express their opinion, like what they want, and also convey a message personalized by themselves. Many social media platforms offer a space of individuality and that is just another benefit of social media in today's society.

Social Media - Individuality

8 comments:

  1. Personally my favorite is Instagram form of social media. But I totally agree that every social media is different in how it connects everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love how social media can be used for connections and business as well!

      Delete
  2. I hadn't thought of this before and you make a great point. I know more about the people I follow on Twitter than Instagram because I am able to see their like, retweets, and personal tweets. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Social media has such a bad reputation these days it seems like, so it is great that you pointed out such a great thing about it! I definitely agree that you get to show different sides of yourself with different social media platforms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite form of social media is twitter because I feel like I can be myself and there are so many different things I have learned about people through twitter. I also agree very strongly about how you should different sides of you through each social media platform. Awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Twitter is a great platform to have individuality and connect with people!

      Delete
  5. With all the negative comments on social media, it is easy to forget that it is for connection purposes! I would not be in touch with my cousin from San Diego if it wasn't for Facebook! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know there is a negative halo around social media, but it does so many good things too!

      Delete

Social Media - Mental Health

Social Media Affects Mental Health