Tuesday, November 14, 2017

What Is The Point of Social Media?

        Have you ever thoroughly thought about why we are so consumed with social media? Why are we using it and what are we doing? I have thought about it myself, along with asking multiple of my friends and the answers seemed to be relatively similar. I use social media to update my friends and family with whats going on in my life. The uses vary between social media platforms in my case however. I use Facebook to share a bundle of pictures every so often so my distant family can keep up with me. Also, I like Facebook because it is the social media site that many of my older relatives are using, so I can keep up with them as well as my distant cousins. For Twitter, I use this site to tweet every so often, and post various pictures. Twitter is my favorite platform to use to be amused. There are seriously so many funny and relatable tweets out there. I use Instagram to post pictures and view my friends' pictures as well. I have mentioned in prior posts that Instagram is my favorite social media platform because it is the easiest site to waste time and "creep." There I said it. I know I am not the only one who looks at everyone's pictures and connect them with someone else I know, and then look at their pictures. Social media is so vast nowadays, what is your favorite / what do you use it for?

2 comments:

  1. I like how you showed what you use each platform for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twitter is also my favorite platform when it comes to looking for something funny!

    ReplyDelete

Social Media - Mental Health

Social Media Affects Mental Health