Sunday, October 1, 2017

Social Media is Beneficial

        There are many opinions on various social media outlets, but I believe that it can be very beneficial in many ways.
1. Social media keeps people connected.
Family and friends all across the universe find ways to stay connected to one another. My mother's best friend from high school lives in Chicago and Facebook is their way of keeping up to date on what's going on in their lives. 
"Facebook is viewed as the "site for old people" but I just view it as a way to see what my family and friends are up to," - Anne Yoder commenting on her views on social media.
2. Social media keeps people in the know.
Social media is a mainstream way of how people receive their news nowadays. I know that I don't sit down every night and watch the news with my friends, and I can assume not too many people my age do either. So, social media is a replacement for this. The latest news can be found at a few key strokes.
3. Social media gives people individuality.
There are many personal profiles out there on various social media platforms that give people their sense of individuality. People find their online space as a place to be themselves, voice their opinion, and also have their own profiles to do with as they wish.
I know social media has positively impacted my life, and I see it as a benefit to our world. 

1 comment:

  1. I know if I didn't have social media I wouldn't know what half of my friends are doing. I think social media is so great after high school especially because it helps you stay connected.

    ReplyDelete

Social Media - Mental Health

Social Media Affects Mental Health