Thursday, September 14, 2017

Popular Social Media Platforms

         As a child, I have grown up in this very advanced technological world, I have had exposure to social media since I was young. I have grown up in a world where technology has been at my fingertips. Any question I have, could be Googled and answered within minutes. When I was allowed to create my own profiles on various social media platforms, the first sites I joined were Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. I have been an avid user of these social media platforms ever since. Many young adults my age have personal profiles on these media sites as well. According to the Pew Research Center, nearly two-thirds of American adults (65%) use social networking sites. With these statistics continuing to grow, social media is here to stay and will continue to impact our world for years to come. 
http://www.keypersonofinfluence.com/10-steps-to-succeeding-as-a-social-media-professional/ 

http://www.pewinternet.org/2015/10/08/social-networking-usage-2005-2015/

3 comments:

  1. I would have to say my favorite social media platform is Instagram. I get myself closing out of it then minutes later getting right back on. I don't think that is a good thing, but it just goes to show how involved we are in social media!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree with the commenter above, Instagram is my guilty pleasure! I am always going on a cruise between Instagram, snapchat, Facebook, and twitter! It is sadly now a major part of my day, I am so exited to keep reading this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm old so Facebook is still my go-to. It's the easiest way to keep my distant family and friends up to date on what my kiddos are doing and I love looking at my friends and family's life adventures as well! Believe it or not, I was on the Facebook scene when it first rose to popularity and you had to have an invite just to join! Yikes. That ages me a bit. ;) Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Social Media - Mental Health

Social Media Affects Mental Health